Packaging all of my T-shirts - 5/12/2022

Packaging all of my T-shirts

Daisy Jackson / 5/12/2022

A few days ago I decided it was finally time to package my T-shirts. I was originally going to stick my labels onto card, cut this out and add it to the packaging. However, I felt like this was going to be too much work for me as I am currently ill and do not want to run myself down even more. I decided to just use plain printer paper instead. I then folded this design at the bottom to make sure it wouldn't move around as much in the packaging. The packaging I have is degradable plastic which at first when purchasing, I did not realise this! I just thought it was normal plastic packaging. This is great as it fits in well with the whole theme of sustainability.

The process consisted of cutting out the labels, my friend ironing every single T-shirt and then placing the shirt and label into the plastic packaging.

Here is the process and results:





Sadly, some designs were ruined during the ironing process:




These were definitely not up to a sellable standard so sadly I had to keep these out of the final results. I discovered that if the iron is too hot, it melts the vinyl. This will be added to the instructions which I will either place inside every package or stick onto the back. I may even include a small poster to accompany these on the day.

My thoughts?

Overall, I am extremely happy with the results! The packaging is exactly what I pictured and turned out very professionally! I did originally want to include tags but decided to scrap this idea last minute due to being ill as well as the amount of time I have left.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Packaging all of my cards and prints - 5/12/2022