Creating more card designs - reflection from midpoint feedback / 20/11/2022

Creating more card designs - reflection from midpoint feedback

Daisy Jackson / 20/11/2022

After recieving feedback from my midpoint presentation, Matt suggested it would be great to create more of a contrast in my work. The drawing inspired by Laughing Mule he loved and thought it would be interesting to create some similar studies. Doing this could possibly generate me more sales and attract a wider range of audience.

Upon discussion, I was going to focus on particular body parts of horses and focus more closely on them. However, when sitting down and drawing I decided I wanted to go for a more dramatic approach.

Here are the newer designs:


This design captures a silhouette of a horse and person - more specifically Joey and Albert. This will attract an audience who are interested in horses or know somebody who is and wants to buy a sentimental gift. I think it delivers a very powerful message of love and the power of it - something I was really interested in during my research into Warhorse. This was a very interesting theme to me that I definitely wanted to explore deeper. The black and white is a great use of positive and negative space and is very striking. 

To alter this, I think I will remove some of the grass as it takes up too much of the page. 



These are the same design but one has more detail - inspired once again by Laughing Mule. I think both of these would be great for cards and prints as once again the main message of relationships shines through nicely. I think it is a very sweet gift and has a straight forward but striking design. I feel like this approach works better for cards and prints. I will still keep this black and white. 

These two designs once again focus on the relationship between Joey and Topthorn.

My plan of action?

I have purchased 20 more cards which these designs will feature on. This will accompany my other cards very well and will offer a difference in range and styles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Packaging all of my cards and prints - 5/12/2022