Creating designs for labels and so on -

Creating designs for labels and so on

Daisy Jackson / 16/11/2022

I decided to take a break from printing and worked on the design process today. This includes labels and branding etc.

Usually I would focus on colour within my designs, however I wanted to remain consistent with the appearance of my work. Due to the Cricut machine only allowing a limited amount of colour, I thought it would be best to focus mainly on black and white - however when specifying important elements such as size and so on, I decided to make this a different colour to emphasise it more. 

I first began with creating the designs for the T-shirts. These would be placed within the plastic packaging so the audience can see the size and design. However, the design would still be on the front of the packaging so the audience could see the quality etc.

Here is my first set of designs:





I added a border surrounding the design as this will be cut out and placed nicely within the packaging. I might change the right side of this as I want the the border to go downwards and not be suddenly cut off. 

I love how I have kept my logo but added to it - it is very different and weird. I think having the duck wearing the shirt with the design on is also interesting and inclusive of the product. Having play on words like 'You really are priceless!' also adds to the branding. I am really happy with the turnout of this and altering the colour of the sizes to make it stand out. My only concern with this is perhaps proportions? My style is quite strange anyway so this is not a major concern but of course I will do trial runs and will amend any problems. 

Here are my second designs for the 'Priceless' range:





As you can see, I altered the direction of the border and personally I prefer this as it is more consistent and does not randomly cut off. I once again love the inclusion of a different colour to make particular information stand out more. My logo does stand out a bit too much - however, this is not really a bad thing. 

I include the design in big and bold - however, this is visible on the packaging anyway which is why I am leaning more towards the first design. Ofcourse I will edit the borders if I do decide to go through with this design.

After this, I will stick this onto card to make it more sturdy and reliable. This will also make it look more professional.

Here are my tote bag designs:





The borders are definitely better here and more consistent. This is as well as the inclusion of my logo in large so it is still promoting my brand. The audience knows what they are getting.

I did not include a variety of colour in this as it was not needed. Also, my supply of tote bags is more limited as it results in 2 of each design.

My tags for the T-shirts:





When creating the labels I thought about what I would look for in a T-shirt whe purchasing. A common theme is actual tags. I decided to keep this basic and to the point while also still promoting my brand - 'Esme.artist'. Once again, I also love the difference in colour as the red highlights the important factors. 

The border of this will also allow me to know where to cut around. I will then hole punch these. 

I decided against a tag for the tote bags because personally I did not think I would need them.

Promotional card design:


In my foundation year, durign my exhibition I made promotional cards that resulted really well. I will do the same for this as it allows me to get my brand out there and despite some not being interested in the products I am selling, they may still be interested in my work which will help me generate a larger audience. 

I was considering including my website and so on but decided against this as my Instagram has all of my links included - including the website that I still need to rebrand and perhaps even purchase the domain of.

I will make price tags and so on when I actually know my pricing. This will come after I have printed all of my T-shirts and so on. I will also have products on display out of packaging while also wearing one of the T-shirts myself for further promotion.

I will also speak to Izzy and decide on a plan for the table we are sharing together.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Packaging all of my cards and prints - 5/12/2022