Creating my first Warhorse inspired T-shirt - 23/10/2022

Creating my first Warhorse inspired T-shirt

Daisy Jackson - 23/10/2022

Today I went to Primark to buy some cheap T-shirts to try out my designs on with the Cricut machine. Finding a suitable T-shirt has proven to be the hardest part of this process. I am very happy to say that today's printing session was a success!

I will note though - I will NOT be using Primark T-shirts for my final project. Instead, I will bulk buy them online or in a store. I only bought shirts from Primark as I wanted to know if my process worked - plus the T-shirts were quite cheap.

Here is my finished T-shirt:


Unfortunately, the eyebag did full off one of the eyes but this is something I will avoid for the future. I am very happy with the results as the vinyl clung nicely onto the T-shirt with no problems! I am unsure if this will be an actual seperate design that I will make and sell but I wanted to make my first Warhorse themed T-shirt.

Another area of focus will be lowering the design so it is not so high up. This is something I did not even think about until I tried the T-shirt on. I will also have to be cautious when applying the vinyl as I need to make sure that the design is central and where I want it to be. An easy fix for this will be simply adding a dot in the centre (or location of choice) of the T-shirt and making sure I apply the design over the top.

I also applied one of my own designs to a T-shirt like so:


I love how this design drifts to the side slightly - it makes it more interesting to look at. Perhaps I could think more deeply about placement on the T-shirt. I could try this out through some rough designs on Procreate by making small thumbnails.

What are my next steps?

My next step will be generating a range of ideas to apply to T-shirts and cards. This way I can begin the design process.

I will also have to bulk buy T-shirts and even tote bags as this is something I believe will sell.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Packaging all of my cards and prints - 5/12/2022