Creating a character sheet - rough ideas - 23/10/2022

Creating a character sheet - rough ideas

Daisy Jackson / 23/10/2022

After looking at how TV shows etc portray horses, it gave me enough inspiration to start creating my own versions and bring Joey and Topthorn to life. 

Here is my character sheet:


For this character sheet, I rated all the designs from 1-6 in order of my most liked to least liked.

1 - This is definitely my favourite and will be the chosen portrayal of Joey as it appears strong and fearless. The character looks as though they have gone through a lot which I think perfectly represents Joey. He has grown throughout the book and became better.

2 - This is my second favourite as it is more my style. I am unsure if I will use this for Joey as it appears quite dopey which I do not want for a representation.

3 - Once again, this is quite accurate for my own style. However, the same reasoning as my second favourite as to why I may refrain from choosing this.

4 - Despite this being ranked fourth, I do love it a lot. I think it captures the essence of Topthorn quite well as to me Topthorn was always dopey and scared. This contrasts largely to Joey. I love the difference between both styles too, you can really tell the personality through just the appearance.

5 - I weirdly love this one. The eye placement is quite funny. However, I do not think I will develop this one further as it does not deliver as much to me as the others.

6 - This is a completely different style to my usual. I tried something new and ended up not liking it as much. I don't think it delivers what I want to and does not have as much personality as I thought it would.

Here are my developed final Joey and Topthorn:




I really love the way these turned out. I think it will be fun to experiment with these through a range of different ideas. I can take the base of these and fit them to my design ideas for cards, T-shirts and so on. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Packaging all of my cards and prints - 5/12/2022